Sunday, March 04, 2007

Noun Talk

After today's recital I helped do the last bit of tidying and packing up. The kids, full of reception cookie-and-punch sugar, had gone outside to burn off some energy, then packed their instruments into the van and hung out there waiting for me. When I was ready to drive home I got into the van where they were giggling.

"We've decided to communicate using only nouns," Erin informed me in a quiet aside.

The conversation went something like this.

"Home. Bread. Stomach. Hunger."

"Children. Nouns. Weirdness."

"Smoothie?"

"Agreement."

"Store. Milk. Buns. Sloppy Joes."

"Supper?"

"Nod."

"Home!"

"Driveway. Dog?"

"Absence. Dog."

"Mystery."

"Crate?"

"Death? Daddy? Gun?"

"Celebration!"

(Yeah, the kids don't like our 85-lb. over-eager dog very much.)

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! Delurking here- I enjoy and respect your perspective.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.