Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Beginner egg

Ouch! Yes, it's an egg from one of our hens, and it is really large and really weird. When they first start laying, or re-commence laying after a molt, hens often produce "beginner eggs" like this one ... extra large, mis-shapen, with "wrinkles" or extra yolks. It's great fun for the young egg-collectors in this family to head out to the coop each morning and see whether there are any eggs, and check out whether there are any particularly weird ones. But I can only think about childbirth.

5 comments:

  1. You and me both LMBO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the photo but I'm imagining pretty well and thinking 'ouch!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:46 pm

    To be honest, the childbirth thought stopped me from eating eggs altogether years ago.

    what a neat shape though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a beginner egg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool! my beginners eggs don't look so cool.... they're on the small side, too. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.