Sunday, October 14, 2007

Copier rapture

About 18 months ago I talked my mom into buying a photocopier. I said "in a couple of months, you'll wonder how you ever lived without one." I was right.

But I was still copierless myself. I knew it was only a matter of time. I do so many things that would benefit from copier access -- Valhalla Summer School of Fine Arts stuff, my violin teaching, homeschooling, music arranging, directing the community orchestra, and so on. But I had a functional laser printer already, and a scanner, and a copier was an extravagance I couldn't quite justify.

One of our printers stopped functioning and we had to do some swapping around. The "workhorse" printer that ended up being our main one needed a new cartridge. And my 8-year-old scanner had finally given up the ghost. A friend had to drive an hour from a town 'over the hump' to get me some order forms for our bulk fruit & nut order that needed to go out that day, because I didn't have a fax machine.

So in Calgary I went out shopping for a printer cartridge, knowing full well that I was ready to be pushed over the edge on the copier front instead. It was just a matter of the right machine and the right price. I had my heart set on the Canon ImageClass MF4150, the newer version of the one I talked my mom into buying. The regular price had dropped from $349 to $299. If that printer cartridge was over $100, I was SO going to buy a copier instead.

The copier was on sale for under $200. I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough. I am one happy camper. Additionally I bought three Staples Easy Buttons. These are a sure hit for violin-teaching and home practicing. Practice a problem passage as many times as it takes until it starts to feel easy. Then, hit the Easy Button. A cheerful voice says "that was easy!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.