Saturday, January 15, 2011

The halfiest

Fiona is getting really handy in the kitchen these days. Today she baked up a batch of chocolate chip hazelnut bars all by herself from a new recipe. She got help with the mucky job of spreading the dough in the pan, but otherwise the entire recipe was assembled by her.

Oh, and she likes me to cut the pound of butter when the recipe calls for half. She doesn't have good luck cutting the brick in even halves. So I am happy to do the cut for her.

The first time I did this job for her I said "Okay, I did my best. I don't think it's perfect, but you just pick the halfiest part for the recipe."

She didn't miss a beat. She laughed. "That's impossible," she cackled.

Math humour. I love that she gets it.

1 comment:

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.